- How are Whitehall and local government procurement rules going to be changed to allow coalitions of social enterprises to compete with Serco and PwC on a level playing field? What representations will the Government make to the EU about changes to their public procurement rules currently being considered?
- Breaking up big public services into smaller social enterprises might make them more efficient (the jury’s out on that one for me), but it will certainly make them less risk-resilient. How does the Government propose to support risk-taking in social enterprises, to ensure they don’t become stodgier and more risk-averse than the big bureaucracies they replace.
- What are the ideal democratic accountability arrangements for a social enterprise delivering services under commission from a local authority, funded by public money?
- What are the Government’s ambitions (not targets) for growth of social enterprises above trend in the next five to ten years, and for their geographical and social-class distribution around the country?
- Is it OK for a social enterprise founder to earn more than the Prime Minister?
- Where Big Society and Social Enterprise won’t meet [Jeff Mowatt] (ecademy.com)
- Greenwich Leisure Ltd wins Prime Minister’s Big Society Award (number10.gov.uk)
- What is the big society? (bbc.co.uk)
Five questions on Big Society and social enterprise