The European Citizens’ Consultations Civil Society Network are seeking expressions of interest from civil society organisations (CSOs) in member states of the EU to act as a national link.
The network aims to make the ongoing conversation around the future of Europe as joint as possible, to support positive and broader engagement in the different consultation approaches available, and to use the consultations to start to build a network of organisations interested in connecting up the European conversation (read more about the network here).
National links will play a crucial role in establishing a good flow of information about what is happening on the ground in each country and in drawing out the lessons for the future. This is an opportunity to meet CSOs from across Europe with shared interests in improving citizen participation and engagement, to share your work, to find opportunities for collaboration and to be involved in shaping future recommendations. The network will support you with materials and examples from elsewhere in Europe, as well as facilitating regular conversations. We have funding available for travel and subsistence to ensure that you can participate in meetings for evaluation or research purposes.
If your organisation would like to take up the role, please complete this short form:
We’d like national links to:
- Be aware of European citizens consultation events or digital consultations happening in your country
- Share information about activities with the network
- Share opportunities for CSOs to engage in the ECC process and support participation
- Attend an initial meeting in July/August 2018
- Attend meetings until March 2019 (remotely or in-person)
- Attend a meeting on the next steps in April 2019
- Regularly engage in informal discussions on the ECCs with the network on Slack.
We also encourage you to liaise with the relevant part of your government to understand what is going on and develop a strong civil society and government relationship where this is possible. The European Policy Centre are leading the research working group and will be coordinating the wider research plans.
- You should be a civil society actor or organisation for civil society
- Located in one of the following 27 member states of the European Union: Austria; Belgium; Bulgaria; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Ireland; Italy; Latvia; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malta; Netherlands; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden
- Able to carrying out the responsibilities listed above.
A meeting of the network will take place on 31st July in Brussels, so please hold the date.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.