If your organisation would like to be a link, please complete this short form:
The ECC Civil Society Network are seeking expressions of interest from civil society organisations (CSOs) that can function as national links between the core network and the member states.
The network aims to make the ongoing conversation around the future of Europe as joint as possible, to support positive and broader engagement in the different consultation approaches available, and to use the consultations to start to build a network of organisations interested in connecting up the European conversation (read more about the network here).
National links will play a crucial role in establishing a good flow of information about what is happening on the ground in each country and in drawing out the lessons for the future.
This is an opportunity to meet CSOs from across Europe with a shared interest in improving citizen participation and engagement; to share your work; to find opportunities for collaboration; and to shape future recommendations. The network will facilitate regular conversations and support you with materials and examples from elsewhere in Europe.
The network is looking for national links that can:
- REPORT: Report on European citizens consultation events or digital consultations happening in their country.
- RELAY: Share information about activities with the network and opportunities for CSOs to engage in the ECC process and support participation.
- ENGAGE: Attend an initial meeting in July 2018; follow-up meetings until March 2019 (remotely or in-person); and a final meeting on the next steps in April 2019.
- LIAISE: Liaise with the relevant government representatives in their country to understand what is going on and develop a strong civil society and government relationship where this is possible. The European Policy Centre are leading the research working group and will be coordinating the wider research plans.
You should be:
- A civil society organisation, actor, or umbrella organisation for civil society
- Located in one of the following 27 member states of the European Union: Austria; Belgium; Bulgaria; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Ireland; Italy; Latvia; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malta; Netherlands; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden
- Able to carrying out the responsibilities listed above.
We have funding available for travel and subsistence to ensure that you can participate in meetings for evaluation or research purposes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.