Here are the articles and web pages the Talk Issues team recommend today:
- The lost art of democratic debate – A TED lecture by Michael Sandel (at Slugger) on the marginalised role of citizens' moral opinions in democratic discussion.
- Germany’s mindset has become solipsistic – Jürgen Habermas discusses the "perilous self-absorption" of Germany during the financial crisis
- The banks have refused to mend their ways. Beware the next crash – Will Hutton presents Despatches on Channel 4 tonight, on the (lack of) change in bank attitudes and regulations. This Guardian article summarises his argument
- Rounding up LocalGovCamp YH – LocalGovCamps are collaborative "unconferences" on local goverrnment tech and new models of governance. This is a write-up of one held for the Yorkshire and Humber region last Saturday
- A new hope v the old attitudes – A write up of the Compass conference on Saturday, on how to build the progressive "fightback"