We are helping Scottish councils to use online participatory budgeting (PB) as a way for people to have a more direct say over how public money is spent on their communities.
We can help with:
- access to online platforms to use for digital participatory budgeting and help choosing which one to use
- getting started, planning and running their digital PB processes
- advice and expertise in developing and implementing the right approach for using digital PB
The Scottish Government has funded us to provide limited support packages for both councils doing PB and community groups that have been awarded Community Choices funding.
Choosing a tool
A set of packages for some of the platforms available to use for participatory budgeting. The tools include:
- Your Priorities, and Open Access Voting,
How we can help
While support for setting up, running and using the tools is provided by the suppliers, Demsoc can help you to make sure you make the right decisions on planning, running and getting the most out of digital PB.
Our funding means we can offer councils a limited support package, and you can choose to buy additional support if you need it. You can get immediate expert help in doing digital PB:
- Choosing a tool and setting up your digital PB process;
- Assessing your readiness to use digital engagement;
- Understanding the priorities, resources and planning you need to do digital PB;
- Promoting, communicating and engaging for digital PB.
We can provide workshop training packages to include these and other elements of digital PB expertise.
We can also provide advice and guidance for the learning, development and thinking needed to embed digital PB into your organisation.
Contact us to find out more about the tools and our support