“Populism and Civic Engagement” (PaCE) is an EU H2020 research project involving nine different partners across Europe. It will run from Feb 2019 – Jan 2022.
The Democratic Society are contributing to core research activities plus leading the dissemination and engagement strand. We will be:
- Designing and facilitating a series of local democracy labs to explore public attitudes and aspirations for democracy, and to understand the way in which different types of media influence and shape political and social opinions.
- Towards the conclusion of the programme, organising a European democracy lab to review the outputs of the research and make recommendations for future actions.
- Encouraging discussions and sharing outputs throughout the duration of the project through relevant European networks.
- Supporting research activities including historical, comparative and scenario analysis; narrative analysis using digital tools; developing simulations; causal, policy and futures analysis (including a broad stakeholder workshop).
- Developing ethical, legal and social recommendations for designing public engagement campaigns and on the use of digital tools.
Contact: Nadja Nickel, Project Manager, Berlin Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
Project description coming soon.
|Coordinator: Manchester Metropolitan University
|City of Reykjavik (RVK)||
|The Centre for Liberal Strategies Foundation (CLS)||
|The Paris-Lodron University (PLU)||
|The Technical University of Dresden (TUD)||
|The Democratic Society (DS)||
|Trilateral Research (TRI)||
|University of Helsinki (UH)||
|Citizens Foundation (CF)||