- Voice & Participation Lead and Manager in local government for 22 years
- Specialism is in local democracy and citizenship projects, particularly facilitating vulnerable or marginalised voice in service design and improvement
- Trained in design methodology and creative solutions, for the delivery of evidence based programmes
- Lead in internal Comms for local government directorate
- Strategic partnership experience across all sectors, with focus on co-production with groups/residents
3 things I’m good at or enjoy
- I started out as community development artist, working on housing estates using creative participation tools, including murals, drama and photography. I enjoy building people’s confidence by challenging them to try new things.
- I’m good at going into most situations and drawing out positives. Training as a coach and mentor helps with this.
- While my professional life is mainly corporate, my lifestyle is alternative as I live in a co-housing community in Sussex. I like to balance the two perspectives!
Something I’ve achieved/proud of
I’m so proud to have started West Sussex Youth Cabinet 20 year ago which is still going strong having recently influenced the council to vote in favour of lobbying central government toward votes at 16.
3 things I’m not so good at
- I’m very un-mathematical and therefore thankful for calculators!
- Sometimes I jump in with an idea or answer too quickly, when pause for thought would help me arrive at a more considered place .
- As an intuitive creative, when under stress I flip to being detailed and cautious.