Climate & Democracy
Demsoc works to develop new forms of democracy, support citizens to participate, and create democratic responses to the world’s most pressing problems. It works as a networked organisation, supporting practical participation and active learning in democracy at local, national and European level.
As a local connector, you will work on the ground in one of the selected cities, making connections there and between this city and our wider work. You will help to design and deliver democratic experiments, and contribute to the wider work of Demsoc. You will have wide discretion to identify new potential projects, to grow your skills, and to support and connect our community of members.
This role is funded by the Climate KIC Healthy Cities programme, so you will have particular responsibility for finding and developing work around climate change, ensuring the city’s commitment to reaching carbon neutrality by 2030 is delivered with the support and involvement of citizens. In this work, you will work alongside more than twenty other European cities and a diverse team of colleagues from Demsoc and some of Europe’s most innovative organisations.
As local connector
- Being the lead contact for Demsoc’s work in the city and with local partners including local government
- Helping to design and ensuring the delivery of the local work programme
- Engaging with and connecting networks to support democratic innovation locally
- Identifying new opportunities to grow Demsoc’s work and projects
- Supporting and growing our community of members
As part of the climate programme team
- Supporting Demsoc’s climate programme locally, and helping this city to reach carbon neutrality by 2030, with the full support and involvement of its residents
- Ability to work remotely
- Strong organisational skills and a delivery mindset
- Ability to design work based around this knowledge
- Strong personal commitment to democracy and our core values of openness, equality and internationalism
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Ability to support more senior team members on business development
- Full fluency in the local language and professional working level knowledge of English.
- Experience and understanding of climate change and related issues
- Experience and understanding of local networks, politics and democratic initiatives
- Knowledge of French or other languages used in places where Demsoc works
Equality, access and diversity
Demsoc is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all suitably skilled persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, faith, sexual orientation, education or age. We are a multi-lingual and multi-cultural organisation, working internationally and actively working to ensure our team reflects the communities and places we serve. As a mission driven organisation, we seek people who are aligned with our core values of openness, democracy, and internationalism.
Please send a CV and covering letter describing your interest to Nadja Nickel – email@example.com.