Application Deadline: December 9
About the Role
This role leads one of the delivery programmes that The Democratic Society (Demsoc) currently has underway. Demsoc supports engagement and participation of citizens throughout the duration of the Climate KIC Deep Demonstrations across Europe, working collectively towards a 2030 climate neutrality commitment.
Across our involvement in this major programme, this role provides the senior delivery leadership and ensures high quality outputs. You will need to be an excellent leader of teams, approachable and supportive while also delivering results and imposing structure and rigour. As this is a new programme for Demsoc, the role will involve a great deal of strategic planning and decision-making, and the establishment of a new team across Europe.
- Provide strategic leadership to the different main delivery requirements
- Ensure common standards of reporting, task management and quality control across all delivery programmes
- Provide expertise and guidance across the whole organisation on delivery
- Act as a senior leader within the organisation and a key part of the management team
- Work with the Director of Development to ensure the continuation the climate programme and a rolling forward plan for resourcing a growing organisation.
- Budget responsibility
- Ability to lead remote and distributed teams delivering significant work programmes
- Rigorous and methodical project planning, resourcing and budgeting
- Ability to plan for uncertainty and accurately gauge future work requirements
- Senior management and leadership ability
- Ability to represent Demsoc at a high level in international and local settings
- High level practical skills in design and facilitation of democratic engagement
- Experience of local or regional government community engagement and policy making
- Experience of policy making and engagement on climate change or related areas
- Experience of creating and running citizen participation projects
Equality, access and diversity
Demsoc is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all suitably skilled persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, faith, sexual orientation, education or age. We are a multi-lingual and multi-cultural organisation, working internationally and actively working to ensure our team reflects the communities and places we serve. As a mission driven organisation, we seek people who are aligned with our core values of openness, democracy, and internationalism.
Language Requirement: English
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Please send a CV and covering letter describing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.