Why Democratic Society?
I get to work with a huge range of people and organisations; supporting change in systems for democratic involvement in all sorts of topics - across the UK and the wider world.
Where I'm based: East Sussex, UK
Languages I speak: English
- Pandora has a strong background as Voice & Participation Lead in local government
- Her specialism is in local democracy and citizenship projects, particularly facilitating vulnerable or marginalised voice in service design and improvement
- She is trained in design methodology and creative solutions for the delivery of evidence-based programmes
- She has strategic partnership experience across all sectors, with focus on co-production with groups/residents
- As lead in internal Comms for local government directorate, Pandora is a keen communicator
- She has qualifications in Youth & Community work, Coaching, Leadership & Management and Fine Art .
3 things that make me unique
- I’m a visual person, so describe things to me and I’ll draw them to understand them
- While most of my career has been in the corporate sector, I live in a rural co-housing community near the south coast. My spare time is taken up with horses, chickens and vegetable growing. Not to mention living by consensus decision making – that’s a whole other story
- I bring my love of strategy, design and alternative thinking to the table, which itself is a space for plenty of creativity and innovation.
3 things I'm learning
- Coming from a vertical thinking organisation, I’m learning how things can work more horizontally
- I’m finding better ways to collaborate when we’re so scattered – online tools and docs and maybe picking up a phone. I’m learning what to do more of and less of. For instance, making time to reflect and using different areas of life to pollenate others
- As a stand-up comedy and cabaret dabbler, I’ve learned that I’m not that funny. I still like to pull out humour where I can.
What I'm currently working on at Democratic Society
Public Square is a super-exciting programme, with a cocktail of action research combined with creative design and thought leadership taking it all sorts of directions. I’m enjoying the unlimited space and lack of walls to explore and think and connect in the Square.
I’m also working on projects with councils to learn from COVID-19, using insight to inform new ways of working.
I’m enjoying use of technology and general cunning to get over barriers and find solutions.