Location: UK or Belgium
Salary: £39,480 - €47,376
Contract: Permanent, full-time preferred. Happy to talk flexible working
About the Role
From a kitchen table ten years ago, Democratic Society has evolved into a multi-national organisation that will give you a fresh challenge every day. We have ambitions to grow further, and therefore we are looking for a data analyst to help us shift from gathering disparate data to making insight driven decisions.
Demsoc is looking for a data analyst to collect, process and analyse a range of data and information to create insights that helps strategic decision making across the organisation. This will include resource management, HR data analysis, and cross-project planning. You will also support our transition to new IT systems by managing the data migration and transition plans including embedding in new practice and skills across out team. You will also contribute to wider projects across the organisation providing analytical (quantitative) expertise.
You will work closely with the Director of Programmes and HR Manager and also with a wide group of staff, to ensure that our Leadership Team has the data and information that they need to reach informed decisions. The role’s responsibilities will focus on the following areas:
- Design and develop methodologies and systems to collect, maintain and present a range of data and information.
- Report, present and disseminate results in appropriate formats to suit the needs of different audiences.
- With direction, provide analysis and insights to support our decision making in resource management and allocations, human resources and other performance metrics.
- Explore our current sources of data and create an extract, transform and load transition plan for our new IT system and make wider recommendations on our approach to management data identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Support the Director of Programmes to update our data protection policies, manage risks related to data management and any required new ways of working.
- Determine appropriate tools and methods to use in the various stages of analysis, i.e. data transfer mechanisms, data cleansing and integrity techniques, data manipulation, analyses and data visualisations.
- In addition, you may be required to undertake specific data analysis for a range of our projects, for example designing appropriate data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Excellent data analysis, data visualisation and report writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present analysis and findings clearly, concisely and accurately to a range of audiences in ways that promote understanding.
- IT skills to manipulate complex data and produce data dashboards and reports using a variety of software.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and highly adaptive in a fast-paced environment.
- Good understanding of project management and resources management.
- Strong attention to details and technicalities in order to analyse and evaluate data and cross check for data anomalies.
- You are fluent in English and any other languages in the team is a plus (Dutch, French, German, Italian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish)
- You value equality and diversity and respect everyone you work with, regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity
- Any knowledge on IT system transition is a plus.
Democratic Society - Key Competencies
Initiative: you’re a self-starter that can organise your own workload to meet business needs and use initiative to respond to unanticipated problems or situations.
Team work: you work collaboratively as part of a team to deliver a service to others.
Equality: you support and protect equality and diversity and respect colleagues and everyone we work with regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin.
Customer service: you work with a focus on delivering services to clients, acting with integrity and respect on behalf of the organisation and honouring confidentiality.
Problem solving: you have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate issues and resolve matters independently, developing sound pragmatic solutions.
Strategy: you ensure that at all times your work informs, reflects and supports the aims and objectives of this role.
Equality, access and diversity
Democratic Society is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all suitably skilled persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, faith, sexual orientation, education or age. We are a multi-lingual and multi-cultural organisation, working internationally and actively working to ensure our team reflects the communities and places we serve. As a mission driven organisation, we seek people who are aligned with our core values of openness, democracy, and internationalism.